We believe that people at the lower end of the economic ladder deserve to achieve their goals and realize their potential.That’s why we make grants to nonprofits that can supply them with the tools they need to succeed. But writing grant checks is only part of the solution. We also roll up our sleeves, gather people around the table, and work hands-on to tackle community issues. To us, it’s not just about the money — it’s about relationships, partnerships, and leadership. We leverage all of these to create positive changes in our corner of Connecticut.
Making change happen requires people power.
Allow us to introduce ourselves:
Board of Directors
Mark R. Gingras
G&G Beverage Distributors, Inc.
President and CEO
Chandler J. Howard (Chairman)
Retired, Liberty Bank
James A. Mengacci
Thurston Mengacci, Inc.
Sue Murphy (ex officio)
Liberty Bank Foundation
Loan Review Manager
Capital Community College
Chief Financial Officer
Executive Director and Secretary
Rick Bellows (deceased)
Willard McRae (deceased)
- 2020 Corporate Support Award, presented by St. Vincent DePaul Middletown
- 2017 John S. Martinez Community Service Award, presented by Columbus House
- 2015 Community Spirit Award, presented by the ACCESS Community Action Agency
- Outstanding Foundation for 2014, from the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Connecticut and Fairfield County Chapters
- 2011 and 2013 Community Commitment Award for Volunteerism and Philanthropy, presented by the American Bankers Association
- New England Financial Marketing Award for Overall Philanthropy, 2012
- Robert A Haller Memorial Award for Outstanding Community Service for 2011, presented by the Connecticut Commission on Children
- Housing Connecticut Award for 2009, presented by the Connecticut Mortgage Bankers Association